Frequently Asked Questions
Please explain exactly what Intelligent Compliance do?
Now that is a great question. We provide an online service to any industry, or business, wishing to track specific items or assets. This may simply be:
- A good business practice,
- As evidence to defend legal actions due to the breaching of specific or industry related requirements,
- Time & attendance reports for staff,
- Smartphone technology
- Apps we have developed (that are downloaded to a Smartphone)
- QR codes that are placed on specific items
- Scan-sets are conducted regularly (scanning the QR codes)
- Mandatory signage, for any industry, but initially designed for:
- Liquor industry in all Australian states,
- Time & Attendance applications in a multitude of industries,
- Security industry throughout Australia,
- Work health & safety,
- Child care,
- Aged care,
- Asset management of all types of business equipment,
- Aviation industry,
Who is behind Intelligent Compliance
We have 3 Directors: 2 are silent partners:
- A liquor licensing lawyer with 20 + years’ experience
- Website developer for 20 years/operated an online subscription business for 12 years
- John Mead:
- 50 years’ experience in licensed premises and VET Sector training
- 30 years as a liquor license – 7 licences
- 20 years as an industry consultant
- 15 years as a Vocational Trainer (RSA Trainer for 10 years)
- 6 years as CEO of a NSW RTO (Registered Training Organisation)
- Director of Bar Guardians since 2009
Who came up with the Intelligent Compliance concept:
Our clients. Over many years they made us well aware of their difficulties with compliance.
The new “Risk-based license fee scheme has been described as a “Cash grab”. WHY?
Liquor licensing lawyer David Sylvester was reported in “The Shout” on 4/07/2014 as saying a “Cash grab as a single breach could increase the annual fee for a pub from $500 to $11,500”
How many breaches, and the total in fines, issued to NSW licensed premises in the 4 years prior to the introduction of the new “risk-based” licence fee scheme?
- 4,348 non-compliance breaches
- $2.4M + in fines were issued
How long do scan sets take?
- Premises with NO gaming machines; under 5 minutes
- Hotels & Clubs with 30 gaming machines; around 15-20 minutes
Available online, anywhere, anytime. Reports provide the evidence to management, or as evidence to defend a breach matter. “This is to certify that information provided from a compliance check conducted on ; ..Date.. and completed by..name..name.., an employee of ..The Business name”. “The premises demonstrated its compliance with all mandatory signs for it’s licence type” “Emailed to licensee: date, date, Time”
A declaration that your premises is complying with its legal responsibilities. We recommend that Affirmations are conducted at least once a month. Affirmations provide further evidence for your business.
How often should I conduct scan-sets?
This is entirely up to the licensee. However we recommend:
- Premises with NO gaming machines; at least once a month
- Hotels & Clubs with 30 gaming machines; at least once each week
- They can be conducted weekly, monthly or every change of shift
||My premise is small, why do I need this?||
It is to ensure you comply, AND to be able to prove your compliance with your legal requirements as a licensee
How long does the set-up take?
REMEMBER 1; this whole process is to gather evidence to use in your possible defense, so it is a most important process. It depends on the size of your premises, however; Premises with NO gaming machines; allow 15 to 20 minutes. Hotels and Clubs with 30 gaming machines; allow up to 1 hour. REMEMBER 2; if you need help, call us to assist; 9299 1867